We had these the night before last. Meredith had a yen and Monsieur Fraisse, the butcher, had the chops–there were four of them waiting on display in Lautrec. I said they had our names on them–he looked puzzled!
(The photos are from a previous meal)
The timing for cooking depends on the thickness of the chops.
4 lamb chops
4 tbsp olive oil
Bay leaves/rosemary/thyme – any one or all three
A couple of cloves of garlic – finely sliced
salt and pepper
- Leave the chops to bathe in the oil, herbs, garlic and the juice of one of the lemons for a couple of hours.
- Heat a grill to hot.
- Place the chops on it and leave for 3 minutes without moving.
- Turn over and salt and pepper the uncooked side.
- Cook for a further 3 minutes. For a pinkish finish, the chop should spring back after you press it gently with your finger.
- Quarter the second lemon and offer the pieces for squeezing over the succulent chops