I’m spending the morning in the kitchen–cooking! Life has been a little distracting recently–I’m enjoying a change of costume. No sign of a wig either! Haven’t done these little beauties for some time. I bought a few courgettes (zucchini) at the organic market last week–the first of the season. I was surprised to see them but happy because I’d found a brilliant source of fresh coriander and had enough to cook an occasional but favorite dish from Delicious Dishes… Spicy Prawns with Coriander. I foolishly cut corners and bought some frozen raw prawns from the supermarket that turned out mushy and the dish was rubbish. The recipe’s good though and worth trying–if you can find the coriander.. There are two of these shiny new courgettes left in the crisper. I look up the recipe (in Delicious Dishes)–2 courgettes, it says!–perfect. I don’t have any emmental cheese but use a creamy soft brebis (sheep’s cheese) instead with a little added parmesan. Courgette Muffins
- Heat the oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Combine the first four ingredients, season well and mix thoroughly.
- Check the seasoning and fold in the eggs.
- Oil the muffin cups. This amount is enough to fill one of those rubber trays of twelve.
- Fill each cup with the mixture and carefully transfer to the middle of the oven.
- Bake for 30–40 minutes–they should be springy and nicely brown.
- You could serve these on a tablespoon of tomato coulis–(tomato sauce put through a sieve).