Our friend Fronza Woods, who is vegetarian and cooks delicious delicacies, introduced us to these little numbers. They serve as a vegetable or as a starter with a tomato coulis.
Today we had them for lunch with a green salad.
Serves 6 as a starter and 4 for lunch
2 courgettes or 1 large– left unpeeled and grated
2 tablespoons Emmental cheese – grated
4 tablespoons of onion – grated
1 tablespoon fine breadcrumbs – wholewheat or rye
salt and pepper
Heat the oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Combine the first four ingredients, season well and mix thoroughly.
- Check the seasoning and fold in the eggs.
- Oil the muffin cups. This amount is enough to fill one of those rubber trays of twelve.
- Fill each cup with the mixture and carefully transfer to the middle of the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes–checking after 20 minutes for doneness. They should be springy and nicely brown.
- Serve on a tablespoon of tomato coulis.