Two friends came round for supper last night and I tried out a spicy chicken dish.
It didn’t pass muster with Meredith and our friends were polite but didn’t exactly rave!
I shall try again with it because it’s simple and quick–which of course could be the reason it was disappointing!
I served a yogurt sauce with it, which is I think is useful and tasty.
I noticed Meredith tucking into it this lunchtime with the fennel salad..!
Yogurt sauce for 4
3 x 125ml pots of no-fat organic yogurt
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 garlic clove–pulped in half a teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 a teaspoon salt
- Whisk the yogurt smooth–(if you want to make it a bit thicker let it drain through a sieve into a bowl for half an hour or so).
- Pulp the garlic in the salt in a pestle and mortar.
- Add the cumin and mix it in thoroughly.
- Fold in the olive oil.
- Add this mix to the yogurt and whisk well in.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to eat.